A couple nights ago, we arrived home from Dallas after driving for 10 hours. We left Dallas at 5:15, so we didn't roll into STL till around 3am. Our car was packed full of stuff from my parents insisting upon boxes of things we "needed" to have in our new place. (Most of it was my old stuff that they've been waiting years to be rid of.) We listened to a lot of different music on the road, but for some reason, Michael Jackson's "Rock With You" had stayed glued in our heads the entire time. If ever there was a lull, one of us would mumble "feel that beat... and we can ride the boogie..."
Anyway, we pull up to the house, running on caffeine fumes and I insist to Todd that we unload the car now. There have been far too many window bashings in the past few weeks to leave our beautiful, brand "new" vehicle stocked with thief bait.
So we unload the whole car, hauling food, Christmas decorations, luggage, boxes, art supplies, pillows, sleeping bags and a vintage accordion up two flights of stairs. By the time we finish, we are exhausted. We fall into bed around 3:45am and both settle in, snuggling our pillows and brushing our toes together, which has become a habit.
Suddenly Todd pops up and looks at me.
"I have the Growing Pains theme song stuck in my head."
I laughed at him for a second, and rustled through my theme song memory bank, which was very fuzzy considering the hour, to try and remember. Finally, I hit on something.
"Is that the one that goes, "Show me that smile again..."
Todd: "Oooh show me that smile..."
Together: "Don't waste another minute on your cryin..."
We proceed to sing through the entire song very dramatically, (fudging only a couple of words), all the way to "sharin the laughter and-- sharin the laughter and looooooove." Then we both crack up and fall asleep.
I love my life. :)
1 comment:
Julie. It has long been my desire to walk down the aisle to the "Growing Pains" theme song.
You wish I were joking.
AS LONG AS WE'VE GOT EACH OTHAAHHH!!!
Post a Comment