I assume we will, though I could easily be mistaken...
I think that the ability to remember our past life on Earth would make us that much more appreciative of Heaven. And perhaps we'd forget Earth eventually... but I wonder if we'll remember any of our old life and events on Earth, or if we'll just recognize people and know that we love them.
But to counter that, I wonder if there will be people in Heaven we recognize from Earth, who we still won't want to associate with. Will all wrongs be forgotten? Will all slates suddenly be clear? Will we pass through a "force field of forgiveness" and suddenly be reconciled with all the believers we had beef with on Earth?
I just wonder...
2 comments:
I think that's a fabulous question. I've often wondered the exact same thing.
I'd like to think that I won't hold any grudges in Heaven but honestly, it's really hard to imagine just forgetting events that hurt you, you know?
And I always heard when I was little that you aren't married in Heaven, which always made me a little sad. These days, I'm not sure what I think about that statement. It's hard to imagine that someone you love SO much and spent most of your life with would be just another person... it feels like we should love them a little extra. Does that sound dumb?
I think when we see Jesus everything will change. I think we will rememebr Earth or how else could we be judged for every thought and action? I also believe that we will recognize others from Earth but I think they will have a different place in our lives. I've gone to Bible School but I'm still not deep enough to understand marriage and relationships from a "New Earth" perspective but I do believe that we will be brought back into complete relationship with God like we were in the garden before the original sin. With that said, there would be no room for hate or malice or envy or "bad thoughts about people." Because we have full communion with Jesus we will understand the redemption and forgiveness that we've been given which will give us a truer understanding of loving God and others. I have much more to say on the subject but those are my thoughts for now ;)
Post a Comment