Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Du Jour

Accomplishment(s) For Today:
Laundry is done. Christmas shopping is done. And the puppy slept for 9 hours in his kennel last night.

Question for Today:
Does anybody know anyone who actually celebrates Kwanzaa? I would like to meet one such person because to my knowledge, I never have.

Things I Cooked Today:
Breakfast- scrambled eggs with cheese, lil smokies sausages and pumpkin muffins
Lunch- japanese beef with haricot vert and rice

Christmas Movie for Today:
RENT. The biggest part of it takes place between Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, so it counts.

Christmas Song I'm SO Over Today:
Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart But The Very Next Day You Gave It Away.
The version of Sleigh Ride that goes "I LIKE TO SLEIGH RIDE" in between every other line.

Cutest Thing Gotham Has Done Today:

Slept for an hour inside Todd's jacket while he was wearing it. He's also wearing his collar now, it's really cute too.















Most Annoying Thing Gotham Has Done Today:
Starting heeding the territory marking instinct. On my rug. Twice. I cleaned it, then with Todd's help, rolled up the rug and put it in a closet. We just won't have a rug until this kid is housetrained.

Realization for Today:
I still really want to be in a musical. And write one.

Impulse Buy I Avoided Today:
Smallville: Season 8. It was on sale at Target for $26.99. I haven't even finished season 5 (no spoilers please, I'm still planning to catch up one day), yet I am compelled to add to my collection every time I see it. Also, Scrubs: Season 1&2 for $18.99. That really was a good deal. And if I had some cash to spare, I might've indulged. but I don't need it. And I sure don't have time to watch it right now!

It Made My Day:
While I was in Target today, a twenty-something, scruffy, musician looking dude walking past me had THIS as his text message alert. When it finally clicked, I grinned so big, I'm happy I was in the aisle by myself.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Best. Ringtone. Ever. Please tell me he vaporized himself up outta there in a column of green after receiving that message....

emily said...

i still think of you every time i hear the instrumental version of sleigh ride (which is my *favorite* christmas song)!

clip-clop clip-clop bang. wapish...dun dun. :)

from the author said...

I like how you tried to throw us off the trail with separating you "Christmas Movie of Today" from your "Realization for Today". Those two are related like Peanut Butter and Jelly. (And I think of you most times when I watch that movie... though mostly now it's because I think if they made a movie about House 9 Rosario would play you...)