Friday, December 18, 2009

Sweet Sixteen

Up until this moment, I have neglected to mention that this makes for my 16th post this month. That's the most I've posted in one month, all year. I'm happy about that. I know the next few days will be exciting, and I not have time to post... I'm hoping to at least produce a picture update, but we'll see.

I had my first full day of training today at the Arch. We got our security badges and listened to a 2.5 hours lecture about national parks or something (I was too busy trying to stay awake to retain any of the information), learned how to work our checkout computers, learned about safety and security measures at the arch, etc.

Also, two people (out of the 12 or so who we hired with me) got fired today. One for being obnoxious and overbearing. And the other for accidentally smuggling a marijuana pipe into the Arch. He got a ticket too. $250. A citation AND a pink slip. Bad day for him.

Anyway, it was a long day. 7:30-4:30. And lots of walking. In heeled boots. It felt like Paris all over again (roommates). But now it's over. I'm exhausted. But I have a full time job that doesn't start till after Christmas, I have my last Coke Zero gig tomorrow night, my Christmas shopping is finished and I'm getting a puppy in a little over 24 hours. Life is good.

1 comment:

dc said...

But I CAN carry you! :) Love you.