Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goals for 2009: Wrap Up

This was the first post of the year, let's see how I did...

Goals for 2009
  • At least two blog posts EVERY week. Long, short, logical, nonsensical-- it matters not. Hold me to this. Please. Badger me. I need it sometimes. I blogged 70 times this year. 24 times this month, my most ever, of all time. Just 34 short of my goal, not bad. I'll try and do better next year though.
  • Purchase Rosetta Stone: Spanish ("It's my birthday present to me! I'm SO happy!") and be able to hold my own in conversation with my friend Jose by the end of the year. Or maybe just have a conversation with Tim Sayles entirely in Spanish. Yeah, neither of these things happened. :) After I met Todd, my priorities got a little rearranged. I still love Spanish and want to learn it... I'm just not sure when it's gonna happen...
  • New job = New challenge. Something to put my degree to use. Something more permanent. Preferably with a company called Pure Safety. Mr. Gaudreau, if you're reading this... call me? :) Wow, I can't believe I applied for that job this time last year... it's a good thing I didn't get a good job in Nashville, I would've had to leave it! But I do have a new job, outside the restaurant industry! Still working on using that degree though...
  • Finish reading 20 books. I attempted this last year. I only made it through 16. More on that in my next post. I sure did not read 20 books. I don't even think I read ten. MAYBE six. I'll get back to you on that.
  • Continue my adventures in cooking. Now that I own a Magic Bullet, this could get interesting. :) I'm planning my first attempt at fresh pesto this Sunday. Yeah! This is going really well, actually. I'm a big fan of cooking now (and Todd is a big fan of me being a big fan), and I owe that mostly to my work BFF from Saffire, Chef Vinny. Let the adventures continue!
  • Eat a pomegranate. I've never done this. I'm intrigued. Ate one! Ate like 10, actually. Love them.
  • Participate in NaNoWriMo. I might have to work up to this. Okay, I registered and I wrote some, but I didn't upload anything. But in my defense, I'd JUST gotten back from my honeymoon and was very busy.
  • Submit stories to at least 2 other competitions held by Narrative Magazine. I submitted one story. I didn't get to write another one. Maybe this year. I hope.
  • Keep a plant alive. Hopefully two. My adopted grandmother sent me home from Texas after Christmas with a baby orange tree. And I, feeling overzealous because of her belief in my ability to not kill this plant, also bought some fresh basil. I may be in over my head. We'll see. FAIL. Killed 'em both. RIP little saplings.
  • Play Rock Band 2. Drums, specifically. YES!!! Did this on Christmas day and it was amazing!!!
  • Multiple dates/hangouts (read: at least two) with Annie Parsons and Kara Orendorf. :) Two dates with Annie, and lots of hangouts with sweet Kara. I miss them both!!!
  • Visit (my cousin in) Boston in September and/or Brazil (with missionary friends) in November. Um... I got married instead. Ran out of money. :)
  • Continue to shorten the degrees of separation between myself and Baz Lurhmann. In a perfect world, have ALL degrees erased and be nearing BFF status before production on Great Gatsby begins. I can dream with the best of 'em. That's why I think we'd get along so well. :) We stayed in the same hotel as Keith Urban on our wedding night... he's married to Nicole, who has Baz's number in her cell phone, I'm sure. So that's good! Also, today, I found out that my friend Josh's new co-worker was a dancer in the original Broadway cast of Wicked, which means by degrees to Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs have shortened! AND at Thanksgiving, I discovered that my cousin Brittani's old dance instructor from when we were kids (Zac Woodlee) is the head choreographer on Glee! So that shortens my degrees to Matt Morrison as well. :) I'll take it!
Happy New Year, blogworld!!!

2 comments:

hootenannie said...

I miss you, too, my little snuggle face.

Also, I recently told my (now former-) roommate Julie that you named your puppy Gotham. She said, "He was so creepy in 'Lord of the Rings.'"

I know.

Jillian said...

Isn't it funny how all of your goals change when the perfect someone comes into your life?