Do you know how hard it is learning to sleep in a full size bed with somebody after sleeping alone for 25 years?
I just have to say... it's not sexy.
People have been kneed in the kidney multiple times in one night. Other people have woken up with an elbow inches from their eyeball. Actually, this also happens a couple times a night. Still others are vicious cover stealers, snorers and diagonal sleepers who monopolize entire sides of the bed with just their leg. And then you wake up because you're frustrated that you can't move anywhere and you're also hella tired and barely thinking straight because it's WAY early and you're not entirely sure you're not dreaming. But then, through a fog, you sort of realize that you can't get mad at somebody for sleeping like a wild thing! They don't do it on purpose. Especially when they're sick.
(sigh) And we're not even 2 months in. lol.
Today, I was imagining the easy way out... A force field down the center of the mattress. We could just turn it on when we went to sleep and then anytime one of us got rowdy in our sleep, we'd just bounce into the force field and roll over and go back to sleep.
As if any newlywed couple could afford a force field mattress anyway... whatever.
Going to bed... wish me luck!
6 comments:
You are so freaking cute. :)
I still wake up frequently with an elbow inches from my eyeball. But the good news is, we're 18 months in, and we've survived. :)
Let me know if you find a good deal on force-fields, though.
I would love to tell you that it gets better and you figure out how to make it work and eventually you get a bigger bed. But we got a bigger bed and I still get elbowed in the face on a regular basis. Seven and a half years later. I wish you luck.
oh no the big bed fixes everything. you just put the pillow down the middle to act as a buffer.
also the way i avoid the snoring is by putting my finger on his eye or up his nose. then if he wakes up i pretend i'm asleep so he cant' get mad. but basically he either wakes up and quits snoring....or he rolls over and quits snoring.
you can use that :)
I don't understand why married people have to sleep together. It's not even sleeping, it's catnapping all night because of the terror of a knee to the groin or of a freezing night because you have no sheets.
I'm advocating different beds.
We've been in a king for the past 4 years, and neither of us can figure out how we survived the full-size years. My advice...whoever elbows the most needs to get a second job or work in a studio till the wee hours of the morning; that usually kept me waaaayyy to tired to move around or practice kung fu in my sleep :)
Post a Comment