-First of all, I'm turned 26 today. :) I'm now closer to 30 than 20. Crazy!!!
-Sitting on the couch this morning, I'm realizing for the first time how thin our walls are. Our neighbor, Dave, travels for work and he's never home. But when he is? I can hear him coughing, and watching movies and talking on the phone, etc. Probably a good thing that he stays outta town.
-We're probably moving out of our place. Relatively soon. Our apartment is lovely, but kinda old and problematic and expensive for all its quirks... we think it's time to go. We found a cute 2 bed/1 bath apartment in Benton Park for $225 cheaper than we're paying. But it has brand new wood floors, which makes the owners nervous about Gotham... pray they might find it in their hearts to give him a chance. :)
-There's a ranger who works at the Arch who has worn a surgical face mask every single day since I have started working there. I don't know what he's trying not to catch or release-- but that mask is straight up creepy. I mean, he's a perfectly nice man, and yesterday he told me he really liked my haircut... but the mask needs to go.
-Todd made me breakfast in bed this morning. He replicated my favorite breakfast from my favorite cafe in St. Louis. The meal there is called "McGrittl This!" and it's basically a giant pancake, topped with scrambled eggs and sausage, and then another giant pancake. And he made it! All by himself!!! But he used ham instead of sausage, which I like even better. THEN? He brought it to me on a "tray" (read: red cutting board) with orange juice and syrup. In bed. And sang Happy Birthday to me and then turned on The Cosby Show.
I LOVE my husband.
3 comments:
I love you. Happy Birthday, sweet pea. :)
happy birthday pretty lady! enjoy the big 26 :) I'll be there next month.
You guys are wonderful and I will be praying about the apartment :) Bummer that you just painted though!
Post a Comment