I feel like I have pet goat.
This dog will eat anything that isn't nailed down.
I also feel like I have an occupational identity crisis. Whenever I see people who seem to be enjoying their jobs? I want to do that. Today we had a huge group of elementary school students come into the Arch and I was like "Maybe I should try to be a teacher." But I wouldn't want to teach elementary school, I'd want to teach high school English... at least I'm pretty sure.
I think some part of me thought that after I got married, I'd discover what I'd been unable to pin down since I graduated from college-- that elusive Thing I Want To Do With My Life. But it hasn't happened. I don't mind telling people what I do for work now. I don't mind telling people what I've done for work in the past. I don't mind telling people what kind of degree I have... but please, oh please...
Don't ask me what I want to Do.
When people ask me that, you want to know what the first 4 things are that pop into my head?
1) Name crayons/nail polish colors/paint swatches.
2) Be the voice of an animated Disney princess.
3) Write and or be in a Broadway musical.
4) Speak Spanish.
I'm serious. I don't know what's wrong with me. Or how to figure it out. I feel like I don't know what my actual tangible dreams are anymore-- well, not the career/work-related ones. For the past few months, I've basically just jumped at whatever opportunities are placed in front of me.
But it's really frustrating, this not knowing what I want. And now that this Goat Dog has frightened all my once friendly muses into hiding, I don't quite know what to do with myself.
I guess I'll keep blogging.
1 comment:
I am dealing with the same crisis at the moment. I want to paint, write, plan event, travel. Perhaps I can become a travel writer who paints the scenery she emerses herself in? Not really...because everything requires money, and a paycheck for that matter :)
Post a Comment