Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hello Hurricane...

It's tax season. Season of intense frustration and desperate need for trust. From what I've seen so far, it's not going to be pretty. But after listening to my boys sing last night, I've got a strand of hope that I pray will carry me through April 15th.

"I've been watchin the skies...
They've been turnin blood red...
Not a doubt in my mind anymore...
There's a storm up ahead...

Hello hurricane-- you're not enough...
Hello hurricane-- you can't silence my love--
I've got doors and windows boarded up,
All your dead-end fury is not enough,
You can't silence my love."


God has taken care of us this far, I can't stop trusting now... and I feel like I've said that so many times in the past 4 months... but it's true. This hurricane of tax season and newly married finances will pass... in the meantime, I'm gonna try not to let it get me down.

Also, in contrast to my last post, I'd just like to say thank you to switchfoot. It's such a comfort to have musicians you can stand behind in lyric, performance and lifestyle. Those guys have never disappointed me on stage, and their music consistently speaks to me, encouraging me through difficult moments and reminding me of my own dreams-- as well as my need to be forgiven and loved by a Savior.

Jon. Tim. Chad. Jerome. Drew. Thank you for playing quality music. Thank you for staying true to your SoCal roots. Thank you for not saying stupid things on stage, for not saying stupid things in magazines, and for not acting a fool on television. Thank you for not being a "Christian Band". Thank you for being excellent, honest, poetic, passionate musicians who understand that they are broken and in need of God's grace.

Also Jon, thank you for creating Fiction Family and going on tour so I could meet my husband. :)

Go listen to Hello Hurricane, it sounds like the ocean.

No comments: