So I took a little mid-week mini-vacay to Nashville.
I wasn't going to do it, but Kish had already bought us John Mayer tickets, my parents paid for my gas as a birthday gift and my manager at work rearranged my days off, releasing me for Wednesday and Thursday. So off I went, for a whirlwind visit.
It was really cool to go back. Lots of new beginnings happening for lots of dear, dear friends. It was an encouraging, exciting, surreal visit.
Of course this also happened. Which was SO awkward. The whole time he was talking, I was like "WTH, why don't you just say you're sorry?! What's with all the words?" But after reading the sordid interview in its entirety, I realized that I've been wrong about John Mayer. He is not just a super-cocky, incredibly talented musician... John Mayer is-- off. He is a very awkward horse of a very unusual color. The content of the song "My Stupid Mouth"? Probably a daily occurance for him. And not like, "Ooo, I accidentally assumed that girl was pregnant and asked her when she was due." or "Oops I accidentally called you sir and you're a ma'am." When John Mayer opens his mouth, it's like Cyclops taking off his glasses with his eyes open. He just says things and it's like he can't stop AND like he really has no idea what has come out of his mouth until its out. It's crazy. I've never seen anything like it. Mouth diarrhea. When I watched the youtube clip, I realized that the way he apologized is the only way he could apologize. Sad... but I guess at least he addressed it.
I could go on for awhile, but I have to work in the morning. And before I go to work, I have to navigate the Mardi Gras madness. So I'm going to bed. Night!
1 comment:
I totally agree with you. He is by far one of my favorite artist because his song writing and musical talent are vastly superior to most others on the top 100 right now. But jeez....that guy has a mouth. I will say that when he used to write more on his blog about serious things, his words were amazing and honest. Lately they've just been hurtful and too incredulously honest. But my true hope is that through it he begins to make music about growth and adulthood and being an idiot. My Stupid Mouth part two?
Post a Comment