I'm snuggling with Gotham and watching the Olympics... I gotta hand it to the winter Olympians. I could never be one. Because in most sports, even if you win? It's still cold. And if you lose/miss a landing/wipeout? Fail AND Cold. Ugh. No thank you.
But I'm really liking Shaun White, he's incredible to watch and his hair is fantastic. The halfpipe is really cool, and the moguls are too! Crazy! I've never seen some of these events before and even though sometimes I feel bad just sitting and watching TV, I keep telling myself that this is a Rare International Event... so I guess it's okay.
Before I settled down tonight, I had a cooking adventure. Todd got me this cool cookbook with short recipes that are healthier versions of menu items at major restaurants. I really like it. Anyway, I was just going to heat up some of the chili I made the other day, but this one recipe caught my eye and suddenly nothing else would satisfy. SO. I threw some vodka sauce (my fave red sauce) in a skillet, simmered it, cracked two eggs in it, swirled the whites and left the yolks whole and let it cook. That's what it said to do.
But. In all of my cooking adventures, I have never actually cooked a fried egg. So after I followed the recipe, I poked one egg too hard and destroyed it. Then I decided I didn't want runny eggs, so I stuck a spatula in there and flipped some of it over.
It looked atrocious.
But I went with it. I toasted some bread, then dumped the whole mess out on a plate and topped it with cracked pepper, a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, a few bacon bits and some parsley.
And it was delicious :) cleaned my plate.
Oh, and finally, in case you haven't heard, I'm giving up facebook for Lent... so maybe I'll be able to find time to blog during the next 40 days.
p.s. just watched Shaun White's last (gold medal!) run... dude is beastly. U-S-A!!!
1 comment:
I believe that I may give up the facebook as well. It's just annoying---but addictive!
I LOVE Shaun White too---his hair is just too good.
I have been looking for a good cookbook about family eating---to be more healthy for Cash when he starts eating with us. (He's getting closer---he's started to want to eat crackers!)
Post a Comment