Today I did a promo at Whole Foods. I wish I made the dough to shop there regularly, what a great store. Everything is beautiful and well-labeled and all the employees wear their own unique hats, caps and headscarves instead of silly hairnets. Also, the dairy department supervisor who helped me today? Was wearing a leather kilt. To work. And it wasn't on a dare, that thing looked very broken in and he wore it like a trusty pair of Levi's. Fun crowd, there at Whole Foods.
Anyway, I stood between a display of dark chocolate and the wine section and sampled Wisconsin and Swiss gruyere cheeses for four hours (thinking of you all along, Ms. Annie P.) It was good times.
I can barely move my right arm because Gotham is sleeping on it. He snores like he has asthma. Or a throat full of angry pygmy wild boars.
I'm also making pulled pork for the first time this week. I got a recipe from a girl who was one of my besties in 2nd grade. Seriously. She found me on facebook and we only ever talk when we're trading comments about LOST. Anyway, she's posted twice about this killer BBQ she made, so I messaged her and asked for her recipe. Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ saus is on the counter in the kitchen and the meat is thawing in the fridge as we speak. Ain't technology grand?
Know what else is in the fridge? Evidence of birthday. First, Shauna (my friend at work) surprised me the day before with a little chocolate cake with buttercream icing. Then, on birthday morning, Whitworth made me a tub of delicious brownies. Birthday afternoon, one of the grandfatherly park rangers presented me with his famous homemade strawberry cheesecake. And birthday evening, after our fabulous steak dinner, my sweet husband gave me an awesome chocolate peanut butter gourmet cupcake with a candle in it and sang to me. There's more sugar in this house right now than an entire summer's worth of red Kool-Aid. I'm okay with it. :)
2 comments:
holy bajeebus. sweet baby rays really makes my brain swirl. i just love it so much. i eat it on everything. let me know how the pulled pork goes. i've always thought it too expensive to make unless i knew for sure it would taste good.
girl, do it. i got a whole pork roast for $6.56! its lasted us for 5 days and it was AMAZING!!! just throw it in the crock pot with a can of beef broth, a whole onion (cut into quarters) and some salt and pepper. i cooked it for 9 hours, while i was at work. it fell apart. Ah. Mazing.
Post a Comment