Wednesday, August 1, 2007

And I Didn't Put On Makeup All Day.

Eventful couple of days...

Following my double shift, I partied with, not like, a rockstar... or two. Cary Barlowe's 25th birthday extravaganza was also the perfect excuse for me to try to rock a mohawk, similar to one I'd seen on Shear Genius. I wore a casual/semi-formal black & white dress with black plastic earrings and Chucks. And my hair in a pretendalmost mohawk. It was really fun. :)

Today? I ate cereal. And I mowed the lawn. Sure did. It looked a hot mess. Not to mention we were finally forced to do something about it because-- well, wait, let me back up.

To Clint. Clint (my next door neighbor who I prayed with in the flowerbed) is doing well, all things considered. Remember how I wasn't sure he'd even remember our exchange? Well, he did, and he wrote me a letter from jail, thanking me for encouraging him. It was wonderful. He asked if I'd write to him, so of course, I have. If you want to know more about this, talk to me. But whatever you do, don't worry. I'm not crazy and I know how and when to be careful. :)

But basically through the course of our correspondence, I told him about the epic disaster that was our front lawn, and joked that the Homeowners Assoc. was going to evict us if we didn't get it under control soon.

Thursday morning, the Homeowners Assoc telephoned Holly to tell her that we had till Thursday to get that under control-- or get fined. Yikes. Calling of several lawn companies ensued (some for the second or third time!), but no one could get here as quickly as we needed them. So Kish & I decided that tomorrow, since we're off most of the day, we'd go ask our neighbor Leah (Clint's grandma) to borrow her mower.

Lo and behold, an hour after Kish left for work, Leah shows up at our front door. She thanks me for writing/encouraging Clint and said that if we ever needed to borrow her mower, it was all ours. She also mentioned that it was Clint who told her we were gonna get kicked out if we didn't mow soon, and also he who suggested that she volunteer her mower.

God is so cool. :)

So we (Heather & I, at the time) borrow this pretty incredible "push" mower that turns on with a key and rolls itself. I mowed the front and the back and we chopped up all kinds of weeds and hedges. Our yard is no longer a sordid and unkempt. It actually looks rather fabulous now, if i do say so myself. :)

Not to mention, we got to hang out and talk with Leah for the hour and a half or so that we worked outside. Leah is 65 and beautiful, standing in her yard, watering her grass in her shorts while drinking her glass of white wine. :) Love it. She helped us pull weeds and when we were done, she let me take Mojo for a walk! He was a very good boy, and Leah said I could walk him anytime I wanted. Leah's a sweet woman, very strong too. So interesting, the way God is weaving these various stories together.

Also just wanted to mention that I have not one, but three very fabulous roommates. I just adore them all so much. They're wonderful.

It was a very nice day. :)

No comments: