
"Some people call them "guilty pleasures." Sex and the City would call it "Secret Single Behavior," as in the things you could never do in front of your boyfriend. Carrie confesses that when no one else is around, she likes to eat grape jelly on crackers standing up at the counter while reading Vogue.
Most of the time, it's not all that secretive, and we don't generally feel guilty for doing it. It's not always even that outrageous, just something that's slightly weird..." -saltwatercoke blog
Yeah, we all got 'em. Some of mine?
-I have a skirt that I wear only when I'm cleaning my house. Kish has one too, and when we break out the Comet and the Windex, we also break out the Boca skirts.
-Sometimes when I buy really good cookies, and there are only like 10 in the package, I hide them so I don't have to share them. Only child syndrome.
- I love choreography and I always want to know the choreography. Probably because I love musicals. But if a song comes on (from a musical or otherwise) and there are moves to it and I actually know them? I generally always do them. Even if it's not cool anymore.
-Sometimes in the morning… or the afternoon, I'll sit in the living room and eat my bowl of cereal alone. No tv, no radio, no magazine, no roommates. Just me and my cereal, there on the couch. I'm really comfortable with that.
-When I listen to soundtracks in my car, I usually choose a part and stick to it consistently. It makes me feel like I'm in the show and I like that. My favorite parts to play? Elphaba, Mimi Marquez, Ariel (Mermaid) & Eponine Thenardier. But when necessary, I'm also a damn good Mark Cohen & Marius Pontmercy, if I do say so myself.
(Why do so many of my secret single behaviors have to do with musicals? Hmm…)
-I drink straight out of all the containers in the fridge that belong to me. Shamelessly. I've been doing it since I started college. It's going to be a tough habit to break.
- I too, have elaborate, somewhat dramatic pre-conversation/wishful thinking/I-wish-I-had-said-this conversations with imaginary listeners. Mostly while driving.
- I'm a good speller. Always have been. But I will spell the word "definately" wrong for the rest of my life. It's a cognitive mistake. And spell check always fixes it for me automatically. At this point, I think it's the one word that I will consistently spell wrong without caring.
No comments:
Post a Comment