Friday, July 27, 2007

Like Accidentally Winning The Lottery. Only Better.

I just want everyone, the whole online world, in fact to have access to this fact:

That I have the best, best friend in the universe.

I didn't do anything to deserve it. In fact, I don't even know quite how it happened, except that God is brilliant and hilarious and made it so. What I do know is that Kish and I are family by choice and that life is amazing with her in it. What a great feeling to be confident that nowhere on Earth is off limits if we go together! I can't think of a better road lizard to have for the rest of my single adult life.

We've often said that our friendship is like a great marriage; total security, blatant honesty, a practically filter-free existence. I mean, have you ever wished there was someone in your life you could bare your soul to? Even about stupid, ridiculous things? Ever wish someone would see through you and call you out on the shit in your life? Ever wish someone could see the real you and still love you enough to walk through life with you on a daily basis?

My best friend does/is all of the above.

My best friend is actually a ton of things—no one who meets her could ever forget her. She was the first person in my world outside my immediate family to love me enough to speak the truth in love to me when I needed it most. She's my brakes when I'm about to do something stupid, like settle for something/one less than God's best for me, or send a toxic email. (Some of you reading this could literally be thanking her right now for being my brakes. ;) )

So yeah, my bff? She's a character, that one. She'd make a great addition to a sitcom or even a reality tv show. She's hilarious. I really don't even think she tries; she just speaks her mind, and the delivery is comedic serendipity. Not to mention, she tells the parrot joke better than anyone else in the world. :) She also knows how to deal with me so well that it's crazy. My future husband would be smart to pull her aside for a debriefing before he pops the question. It'd be enlightening to say the least.

Kish is so many things that I love. She's an aroma junkie who doesn't waste her time hiding her emotions behind a fake smile. She is a passionate cake baker and a terrifying sneezer. She's a PTA Mom in training and a Krispy Kreme donuts' worst nightmare. She can also walk out of the house in a babydoll shirt and formal shorts and cowboy boots and somehow, it's okay. She is the best person to spill your guts to and the best person to laugh your guts out with. She is the best listener, the best relater, the best encourager and the best partner in crime EVER.

(By the way, if you happen to be reading this and you happen to be in love with her, know that you are gonna have to come right and come strong to captivate her heart. Because if you even think about messing with her head or disrespecting her or making her feel like she's too much or not enough or tryin to leave her?! I will box you. I will box you so hard you won't remember your own birthday. M'kay? :) But seriously.)

She is so strong, so respectful and so caring. She is a peacemaker and a peacekeeper. She is protective and loyal and full of grace. She is a delight when she's happy, but to see her brokenhearted for the downtrodden will bless your soul. She has the heart of a servant, a divine amount of patience, and she is so incredibly forgiving. She will be an incredible mom, and she also has a beautiful heart for the elderly. She sure will crack your face in love when you need it, but also be the first one rubbing your back when you're drowning in tears.

She also drives frighteningly close to the steering wheel.

But she's a badass parallel parker. :)

She listens to my crap, any time of day or night, over and over again. And she gets tired of hearing it, but she still listens and gives me the same great advice when I need it most.

She is worth knowing, worth loving, and worth remembering. Why? Because she is a radiant reflection of the perfect beauty of the King. She is a P31Woman, a beautiful Lady In Waiting, and a magnificent, astonishingly lovely bride of the living Christ. She becomes more like Him with every breath she takes.

I've seen a few women grow up alongside me, but I can honestly say there is no one I am more proud of, more blessed by or more delighted to be walking through the adventures and perils of my young adult life with than Kokisha Latrice Knight.

Not that it's a competition.

I'm sure your best friend is wonderful. Really.

But mine's the best. End of story. I just wanted to make sure you knew.



Love you, babe. :)

No comments: