Also, for the few hours I've been out of the house today, I've been bombarded by Christmas. It's like 55 degrees outside. I can't get behind it.
But I must say, that while I was walking through Target, I did pass through the Christmas ornaments and I started thinking about my misfit tree... and I got sort of excited. :) I think I'll write a whole post about that at some point. I gotta take some pictures first though.
Oh and-- guess what I did last night? I helped my buddy Omar transport some Burmese refugees back to Nashville from their job at a Tyson Chicken factory in Shelbyville, TN (which is an hour away). It was kind of amazing. Omar works for an organization called World Relief that helps place/reunite refugees in TN. So it was me and him in the front seat of this red Windstar minivan, driving through a rainstorm with 8 Burmese guys in green rubber boots smashed into the backseats. They didn't really speak English, so they just talked amongst themselves while Omar and I traded stories and talked about music and politics and NPR and world news and God and revolutions. Yes, me. I talked about politics and NPR. Crazy, right? But I actually really enjoyed it. And the Burmese were really sweet and very grateful for the ride. It was an adventure and an evening well-spent. :)Tonight? Trabiendo.
Peace!
1 comment:
I love and miss the puppies!! I haven't seen them since Saturday! Doesn't feel right to look at them without you. But we should check in on Cash and Bucket and that gang soon. ;)
Post a Comment