I spent part of this morning smashing/grinding up an entire box of Nilla Wafers and one whole package of honey graham crackers. Then I added (a little too much?) cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves to the crumbs and some butter and mixed it all up, then tried to remember the any crust shaping techniques I've seen Lorraine (pastry chef at work) using when she makes our amazing key lime pie.
For not doing this every day? I did okay. :)
Then the filling! Lots of cream cheese and sugar (brown and white) and vanilla extract and eggs and sour cream and a whole can of pumpkin. I'm so grateful to have Robert's nice Kitchenaid mixer! One day, I will buy my own.
And it's in the oven!!! Right now!! I'm so excited. I think I'll take a picture of it when-- ooo! Timer!
***FANFARE***
YAAAAAAAY!!! I'm so excited! I want to eat it! But it has to cool now. And then sit in the fridge till like... tomorrow. But then I'll get to eat it! Yay!!!!
Speaking of eating, you should really check this out. Or just go to freerice.com and start playing. It's awesome. Especially if you're addicted to Word Twist or something like that. :)
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
1 comment:
My mouth is definitely watering. Hope your weekend was wonderful and the cheesecake lived up to its beauty. :)
Post a Comment