I just pulled this off my friend's husband's facebook page.
"God is like Wikipedia;
We think we know what is truth and we contribute to the discussion amongst ourselves, but we aren't 100% positive it is ever going to be right - sometimes we are just left with questions."
Silly, but it's true for me.
Thing is, I'm okay with questions and mysteries, with the supernatural and the unknown intricacies of God... but I've realized so much in the past few months that some people are really tripped up by all that. And I can't really blame them. It's frustrating. Especially when it's brand new. It's mind-blowing. It doesn't seem right. It's crazy and ridiculous and terrifying and what if I'm wrong? and what if it's real?
Denial is hedonistic, but acceptance is-- a new brand of passion, responsibility and freedom. It's the lightest burden and the deepest comfort. It is brand new perspective; eyes without cataracts that see every morning pregnant with potential that screams out to be acknowledged and ferociously embraced. It is the most fulfilling, all-compassing challenge you'll ever love.
Engaging. Provocative. Steadfast.
And deep as you're willing to go.
That's faith.
(FFWD to 2:00)
1 comment:
Well said.
I've been feeling "pressed on every side" lately, overwhelmed and made to feel foolish for believing something so unbelievable. "The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness DOES NOT overcome it."
Amen.
Post a Comment