Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"I can't believe my eyes, I must be dreaming,
wake up Jack, this isn't fair!"

Wow, today was eventful. This week, young as it may be, has been eventful!

I have a new Christmas CD. Where else can you find Mariah Carey and the Temptations and Frank Sinatra and Chris Brown and Ray Charles and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Relient K and Jack Skellington all together but in my cd player? Nowhere, that's where.

Yesterday, I saw Australia. It was epic, and mystical and romantic and adventurous and very, very Baz Lurhman. I thought it was beautiful.

I also found a new drink at Starbucks: the London Fog. It consists of steamed vanilla soymilk and Earl Grey tea. Delicious. Especially with a side of Christmas music and a handsome boy across the table.

Also, this week, I am a vegetarian. I know. Yes. I'm serious. It's only for a week. Two weeks ago, Joanna and I decided that we don't eat enough fruits and veggies. So last night, after eating steak and potatoes, we agreed that until next Monday, all we're eating is fruits and veggies.

Actually that's not true at all. This week will be more like an exercise in searching for non-meat protein sources. Today I ate peanut butter crackers and a black bean sub with tomatoes and avocados and provolone cheese and some pasta with s'ghetti saus. I can totally do this.

Actually this shouldn't be dificil at all... but my body tends to crave/run on mostly red meat and sugar/carbs so... this is a bit of a stretch for me. Probably a good one though. It won't hurt.

I also found out today that I'm in a fashion show tomorrow. I got fitted today and tried on three things from this couture boutique-y place on West End. First there was this horrible white tulle "dress" which had a deconstructed Japanese flag on the side of it, and required a lace bodysuit underneath it. Blech.

Then, there was a beautiful, $1700 old Hollywood-looking, salmon pink gown that was almost completely backless, with a train and some Jimmy Choo pumps. Yes. Please. My feet have never known such a wonder. The dress was amazing too. But alas, everyone else was wearing formalish gowns and they wanted me in something else, so...

I'm wearing some $500 stovepipe motorcycle pants with bronze zippers and a black and white corset with some six inch black heels. I am SO rock-n-roll. ;)

Anyway, I should go to bed, as tomorrow will be long.

Oh! But next week? I'm-- well... I'll tell you next week. :)

No comments: