Thursday, January 13, 2011

Say The Words

Even though stories that start with reluctant romance are my favorite-- they are exhausting me right now. I feel like romantic angst and tension is ALL around me as of late (in real life and in the stories I'm immersed in)... and from a story-lover's perspective, I really do enjoy it to some degree...

But man, can somebody just send me a montage of people owning the moment? Of both people saying I love you and then kissing and getting married and living happily ever after and staying married until they die-- of old age-- like in a country song?!

I need to see some happy endings. This kind of crap is what drove me to write fanfiction.

I mean... it's not crap. Not at all. God only knows who I'd be without angsty romance...

But I'm overloaded lately and it's bothering me.

Come on. In the spirit of the new blog... show me something less tragic.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I just reread Anne's House of Dreams - which is the fulfillment of the earlier "angsty" romance between Anne and Gilbert. And their newlywed bliss is beautiful to behold.

Hope that helps - and if you're overloaded with angsty romance, I'd stay far away from Panem for a while.

Unknown said...

I think your own love story was pretty angst-free, right? You could think on that.

theamaros said...

Hey! Well, you already found one of my blogs. Talk about secure happiness :) Violet: www.amarobaby.blogspot.com and Daniel: www.allfordaniel.blogspot.com. Let's talk adoption sometime! :)