I always liked this one.
Alone With Night
(written 6-26-2001)
Unresolved since a bitter fight
For shattered dream and broken hearts,
It's always worst at night.
There alone, you contemplate
The flaws of humankind
You foster fears and hopeless thoughts
In a weary, lonely mind.
Distractions are invaluable
When your head is doused with worry
Dear friends and soothing music
Cast out sadness in a hurry...
But close your eyes and there he is
Not far away, yet hazy
And once again you're solitary
Making yourself crazy.
He's the same and you remember
Whether you wish to or not
You agreed that things were gonna change
But they haven't... and he's still hot.
*sigh*
Distressed minds detest the dark
From Milwaukee to Dallas
And lonely hearts wish for nights
Under *Aurora Borealis
See with the moon, comes time to think
And musings drive out sleep
Imagination rides the sky
And quiet angst flows deep.
But never should you feel alone
When the sun has ceased to light
For all lovers know, that when lovers go--
It's always worst at night.
*I think at this time, I had also just discovered and fallen in love with the movie Frequency.
3 comments:
Okay, between your genius verses, and Dani's "Pink and White" lament, and Ginger's incomparable Laminated Poetry, I am thinking that I am in love with you and your friends!
Yeah, Frequency! I think I wrote a poem about Jim Caveziel's blue eyes about this time too. ;)
SO much angst! Looks like it was a hard knock life, being you... ;)
Post a Comment