Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Adele Just Slapped Me In The Face With A Piano.

Oh my goodness.

First of all, God bless iTunes celebrity playlists. I got three songs from Alicia Keys' "Secret Life of Bees" playlist tonight and they are all phenomenal. A little haunting Nina Simone (and I though Feist was the original artist of See-Line Woman. Ha!) and a little Duffy (I want her whole album now!).

But the most astonishing is this girl ADELE. 

Holy. Cow.

Her album is called 19 because she's 19. It should be called 19 and genius. Her voice is a little Norah Jones and a little Amy Winehouse... maybe even a tic Lauryn Hill. But cleaner. Lovelier. Fuller. Heartbreakingly so.

I have not been so surprised by a song since I was driving in my car and first heard John Mayer's "Dreaming With A Broken Heart". Before the song was even over, I started it over just to hear him say "Gone, gone, gone, gone, gone..." again.

Even that was a different kind of move.

This? This... I can't talk about it yet. It's too new. I'm only listening to it the third time in my life as I type this.

Just go to iTunes right now and buy the song "Make You Feel My Love" by ADELE.

Then turn it up and just-- listen. 

So. Beautiful. On so many levels. Just let it hit you where ever you are.

p.s. also, she's apparently the musical guest on SNL this weekend.
Hopefully she'll play this song. I but recommend listening to the song first, without pic or video, no anything. Just music. Go. Now.

*Learned tonight that this song is a actually a Bob Dylan cover. Also, 2 country covers of  it were featured in the movie Hope Floats. Good on all that-- but I still like this one a LOT.

No comments: