Monday, April 7, 2008

Power Ranger For A Day

Oh man...

Past two days, I have made all kinds of muscles ache. Isn't that interesting, when you work out muscles that you usually don't pay attention to? Like in your back or sides or whatever?

Man... I am-- conscious of every movement. Ooo!

Why have I beat my body into submission, you say? 

We're shooting a movie. For fun. I won't discuss it too much yet, don't want to ruin
 the surprise, but there's quite a bit of stunt action involved for such a low budget film. And by low budget, I mean NO budget. :) Anyway, we pulled some strings/asked some favors from complete strangers and consequently, I got to go to a kung-fu dojo and spar/practice a choreographed fight sequence for 2 hours with 3 boys who made it look like I was kicking the crap out of them. 

It. Was. Amazing. :) I loved it! Of course, they're all "getting thrown" into the floor and eating it up, practically bouncing off the ground because they're totally used to it. I, on the other hand, while learning to beat them up, sort of beat myself up too.

I bruise like a champ anyway, but after kneeing this guy in the chest about 30 times, now my knee looks like this:


And my arm looks like I just partook in a beastly 24-hour, one-
armed volleyball tournament...
(that's bruises, not a rash.)




But holy cow, it was so much fun. :) And so worth it! Wait till you see the movie. :)

2 comments:

rot9 said...

I'm practically sitting on the edge of my couch in anticipation. Please tell me this is getting some screen time in Seattle!! =)

man, I can't wait to see you beat up 3 guys at once.

hootenannie said...

You are WAY more tough than I am. I'm a cowering, whimpering mess when it comes to even the POSSIBILITY of being hurt. I'm the person to cover my face instead of catch the ball.

I cannot wait to see you kick the crap out of these dudes.