A citation.
For running a red light that I suppose I assumed was a flashing red light.
I just-- turned left. Didn't even think about it. It was around midnight and there was really no one on the road, and I was trying to find this place where my friend/co-worker was celebrating his birthday. I didn't even realize I'd done anything wrong. Didn't see the po-po till he sirened me, and even then I pulled over so he could get past. No idea what happened.
And no, hadn't had a drop of alcohol.
So I got a ticket. It sucks, I don't want to pay it.
But-- to be honest, I'm really not all that tore up about it. For a couple of reasons.
1) I've been pulled over approximately... 8 times since I've moved here, for various things. This is my first ticket. I guess it's about time.
2) This is where it's weird... Gave the po-po my license and insurance, he took it and ran it and comes back with the ticket filled out and gives it to me to sign and I sign it. I get it, finish driving to Beethoven's (which is where I was originally headed) and scan the ticket before I get out of the car.
The address he wrote on it? Not my address. Not even my old address. Not even close. Completely different numbers, completely different street. I'm like, okay...
I keep looking and I get to the SSN box... and it's NOT my SSN! Not even remotely close!
I have no idea what happened.
He ran my license. He got my license number right. And my name.
And the reason for the ticket.
But the rest is wrong.
Was he trying to let me off?
I knew somebody in high school who got out of a ticket because his name was wrong on it. I think...
What do I do? I have a court date, but I have to change it because I'll be in California on the one he assigned me. I think I'm just gonna go up to the station and be like... "Umm... this isn't me."
Suggestions? Comments?
1 comment:
Remember in "Encyclopedia of and Ordinary Life" when AKR got cleared of a parking ticket on the grounds of karma? You can totally get off the hook here. Just tell them that it's debateable that the ticket is even going to the right Julie Piwiec, considering they only got your name and DL# right. I really don't think you would have to pay this....
Post a Comment