Tuesday, January 29, 2008

From Left: Mickey, Matt, Jesse, Adam & James

Okay, so I was totally kidding yesterday.

Except that I guess I wasn't. I guess.

Maroon 5 ate at my restaurant tonight. Well, Maroon 3.5.


*Matt Flynn (drums) & James Valentine (guitar) did for sure.

The third party is technically still in question. I personally, am of the belief that it was NOT Adam Levine, because he had grayish blue eyes and a rattail haircut. He was also way more geeky than sexy and was actually terribly polite instead of being a cocky jerk-- which is what I expected. I was reassured by countless others who talked to them and looked at them that it was in fact Adam, but as much as I wanted them to be right-- I really just don't buy it. I'm like 96% positive it was Jesse Carmichael, the keyboard player.

Here's what happened... first of all, I would have waited on them myself, but our hostess sort of freaked out when they walked in and forgot what she was doing and shifted to autopilot. She apologized later.

Anyway, there were originally 4 guys at the table. The 4th guy, who could have been Adam, incognito, (He had the look, and the height and the dark hair and eyes-- but he was wearing this hideous fuzzy sweaterjacket and black glasses... like he was trying to be Clark Kent about it.), left before dinner and we didn't see him again. But the other three ordered and then talked to each other and to their stage crew who was eating at another table. I wasn't even sure it was them at this point, but curious, I took advantage of the fact that their food was sitting in the window and their waiter was nowhere in sight. I dropped off their salads and they seemed to be delighted and even happier that I asked if they wanted cracked pepper on said salads. I checked on them one other time, even though they were not in my section, and on their way out, while I was talking to another table across the restaurant, they walked past me and Jesse/fakeAdam caught my eye and said thank you again. I said "You're welcome, have a great show.", all cool-like. And he said thanks again and they left.

So there's no WAY it was Adam. Adam is a jerk. He looks like a jerk. I'm convinced you can't write songs like "Kiwi" and "If I Never See Your Face Again" and "Harder To Breathe" and "Wake-up Call" if you're not at least sort of an egotistical smart-ass. This dude was way too nice. And really, way too geeky to front a band with an image as sexy as Maroon 5.

So... Jesse Carmichael. Responsible for those great 80's sounding keyboard blasts in "If I Never See Your Face Again" & those staccato power notes in the bridge of "Makes Me Wonder".

Sweet guy.

Needs a new haircut.

And sometimes, I love my job. :)

* I'd just like to point out that while I do really like Maroon 5, I am NOT some crazy fan, and subsequently, had to google each band member's name and picture except Adam's in order to write this blog.

1 comment:

hootenannie said...

Oh yeah, they've been in town for Crossroads with Sara Evans! Awesome. I love your blogs. :)