
Ambrosia apples are, as far as I'm concerned, the only apples in the world. No other apples measure up. I challenge you to challenge me! Get thee to Central Market or Whole Foods and see for yourself.
I don't know when peanut butter was invented (even though I could look it up on google, I don't want to, because I'd like to believe that someone thought of it before it was even actually recorded.) but what a glorious day! Peanut butter is unbelievable.
And when you combine the aforementioned things??? Oh man. I won't even destroy the beauty of it with words. Thank you, Lord. That's enough.
Speaking of words-- I don't feel like I read enough books in 07. I'm making a conscious effort to change that in 08.
Today was cloudy and wet. Very gray. I woke up early to a phone call that I didn't answer. It was Hetti, coming to drop off my LOST Season 3 dvds. I've got two weeks to tear through them now. :) I didn't have anywhere to be until noon, so I moseyed getting ready, read my bible, watched a couple of switchfoot music videos, ate some cereal, fixed my hair and knocked out a few more chapters of The Shack. I stepped out into the late, soggy morning at about 11:30 to head across town. I was meeting a new friend for lunch at a restaurant I've driven past, but never eaten at. And it (The Yellow Porch) was delicious. New friends are exciting. :)
Also, between my car and my computer and my iPod, today I've sampled all six layers of switchfoot that exist, observing/enjoying their maturation from a boyish, three piece ensemble to a solid, powerfully poetic quintet. I'm so grateful for their musical contribution to the world, the progression of their musical skills and their/Jon's ability to pen these modern psalms so exquisitely. I enjoy their music so much, as well as the gentle pride that flutters every time I'm reminded that my all-time favorite band is one who's music, lyrics and attitude I can fully support. That makes me happy.
I haven't had much of an agenda today. It's been delightful. In the grind of everyday life, I can get totally caught up in doing, thinking, waiting, looking and living. Sometimes, even when I'm truly grateful for something, the magnitude of the blessing I receive from that tiny spot of time/life is overlooked.
But on this day, partly due to reading The Shack, I feel as though I have been blessed to identify traces of perfection in a number of little things; ultimately, the glory of God in his creation.
Besides apples and peanut butter, switchfoot, rain puddles, my sense of hearing, the smell of leather and the inherent cozy, contemplative quiet of such a melancholy looking afternoon-- I am grateful for new eyes and new insight... grateful that every day is a chance to start over and see all people and all circumstances with new eyes.
"Here we are now, with the falling sky and the rain...
We're awakening..."
1 comment:
Hey!
Thanks for the comment! Definitely burn me that CD - I think I would be a better person, hearing Steven Curtis and Newsboys, TOGETHER. :)
Post a Comment