Sunday, July 22, 2007

Kiss The Cook

So I may not have a large immediate family/circle or any blood-related brothers (or sisters),
And I may have never cooked for more than five people in my entire life.
In fact, cooking in and of itself is a brand new thing for me.

But I sure did just finish cooking Sunday lunch for a pack of 18 or so Narrow Gate boys. All by myself. It's all in my fridge, waiting to be taken to church en la manana. It's a hearty conglomeration of potatoes, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, beef and chicken that my House 9 roommates & I affectionately refer to as Man Food. And y'all-- it's good. I'm really pretty proud of myself, and I hope it reheats well in 9 hours or so.

Also, I can I just say that love having male friends who I can call with cooking questions? I now have two fellas in my rolodex who are professional chefs. And I'm not entirely sure what I'd do without them. :)

Mmmm. I haven't slept nearly enough the past few days. It's catching up with me.
So I'm gonna go chase it down. Buenas noches!

No comments: