I woke up this morning riddled with allergies. Very uncommon. I managed to clean up the downstairs part of the house this morning, but besides that, I've been lazing about trying to clear the haze from my head. Part of that strategy included finishing Volume 2 of the Twilight saga. And I must say, I really enjoyed it. Intriguing conflict, well-developed characters, excellent storytelling.
However, I find Bella to be morose, unbelievably selfish and overly worshipful of Edward and vampires in general. I hope she grows some self-esteem and some basic human courtesy in the next book.
Edward was sort of out of the picture in this one, but when he came back, he was his same stubborn, overprotective, freezing cold self. Whatevs. They're perfect for each other.
I really like the rest of the Cullens though, Alice in particular. And I'm still intrigued by the mystery of Rosalie.
And then there's Jacob. Confident, sweet, comforting, WARM-blooded Jacob. I really liked him and felt terrible for him when Bella just blew snot and tears all over him for 400 pages and then threw him away.
I guess, as of now, that puts me on Team Jacob. I'll let you know how Eclipse goes.
2 comments:
Team Jacob forever!
I identify 100% with your last two posts. Only instead of wanting new clothes I want video games, guitar strings, and liquor. Or, "The Collegiate Trinity".
Post a Comment