Sunday, July 11, 2010

Finishing.

I never finished my high school scrapbook. (9th-11th grade)

I never assembled all the memorable bits and pieces I saved from my semester abroad.

I've been collecting t-shirts since I was in grade school, and have still never attempted to cut them into patches and assemble a t-shirt quilt, even though I've been wanting to do it since my freshman year of college.

I have furniture that needs stripping and a bedroom wall that needs painting and pictures to hang.

I also have letters to write; of the thank you variety, as well as the catch up variety. And I better get to it since Ben comes home from Afghanistan in October.

There are even songs I used to be able to play on the piano that I'm afraid I've forgotten how to play.

But between cleaning the house and the car and cooking and working and spending time with friends, I doubt I'll ever HAVE the time.

I'm going to have to make the time. I think it'd feel pretty good to complete some abandoned projects. Maybe once I get a few completed projects under my belt, I'll be able to tackle the most difficult project of all-- an abandoned story.

We'll see :)

2 comments:

hootenannie said...

I'm finding myself in a similar place these days - needing achievement, closure, in just ONE area of my life, no matter how small... to give me hope for finishing something more significant.

Let's do it. :)

Katie said...

I do love finishing a project. I finished a sweater and three books this weekend - felt SO GOOD.

Love the new design!