Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What I'm {Triple Stealing}...

(Val stole this from Dani, who stole this it from Annie Blogs.)

What I’m [reading] = New Moon. I know, I know. I read the first installment of the Twilight saga about a year ago and it took me a year to cave, but as of this week, I am making my way through the second book. And I must say-- I am entertained. I like it better than the first one.

What I’m [also reading] = The Valley of Vision. It's a book of exquisite Puritan prayers, I've been making it a part of my quiet time and it's been very humbling and eye opening.

What I’m [eating] = Made breakfast this morning! Cheesy scrambled eggs, toast w/ strawberry jam, bacon, cheese danish, coffee and OJ.

What I’m [hearing] = Nothing at the moment. It's lovely. I've noticed that since working at the Arch and being aurally assaulted by voices and announcements for 8 hours a day, all the while being forced to talk and explain things to dozens of people over the hum of hundreds of voices, I have a lot less tolerance for unnecessary noise. Especially in my house.

What I’m [writing] = this blog... and maybe something else.

What I’m [missing] = Saffire Restaurant. The people AND the food. I've been thinking about it a couple times a week, I think I need a CFC fix.

What I’m [loving] = The Avett Brothers record Emotionalism. Great harmony, excellent writing/storytelling. It's just so good. And we're going to see them live at the Pageant in September! I couldn't be more excited :)

What I’m [googling] = Michael Drummond, the St. Louis designer who's currently on Project Runway! One of my friends walked in his show during STL Fashion Week. Pretty cool.

What I’m [watching] = Since LOST is over, Chuck is my favorite show. The relationships between all the characters are just so great. I've grown to love them all over the past 3 years... and I'm just finishing up Season 3.

What I’m [surprised about] = how early these tuckpointing jokers decide to start working on our house. At 7am, they start with the sanding and scraping and whirring and showering concrete dust EVERYWHERE in the back courtyard. We accidentally left a window cracked in the kitchen, and the entire counter got covered in a fine layer of dust. Not to mention them blocking the way to our basement laundry area with tarps and ladders AND standing on those ladders at eye level with our kitchen and bedroom windows. I'm happy for the repairs, but I'll be really happy when they're all done.

What I’m [wondering] = why and how Gotham has developed a new hobby of chewing through (unplugged) electrical cords. First my curling iron (which is fortunately pretty cheap and rarely used) and then a lamp in the living room. I am NOT amused and he got in BIG trouble. Guess I better get some Bitter Apple spray before he notices something expensive, like a phone charger or computer cord.

No comments: