Friday, June 11, 2010

Community

This past Sunday, this postcard was featured on the Post Secret blog*.


Several people wrote in to respond to it:

-----Email Message-----

Please don't jump. I also wanted to jump off two years ago but I'm glad I didn't because things are now much better.


-----Email Message-----

My friend jumped off it in 2006. She was legal. I still miss her like hell. She might not have felt like she belonged in San Francisco, but she belonged somewhere. So do you.


-----Email Message-----

Come to Indiana. I want you here. You could belong here.

---


Then this facebook group was started...


Which has led to this event, this coming Sunday.


There's no denying that Facebook is a huge time suck-- but every now and then, it joins forces with an incredible cult art phenomenon and redeems itself a little bit.


*FYI, the Post-Secret blog contains some adult images and content.

No comments: