Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Decisions, decisions...

Quandary:

Red is my signature color... so why have I opted out of red as an accent color in my wedding?
I'm pretty sure this is directly related to my experience as a graphic design student, sitting through countless student presentations that utilized black, white and red as a design staple and thus wo' it out.

But... I was talking to my roommate last night and she actually presented this question. The more I think about it... the more I'm thinking I'm about to change my mind again... I mean, I love the coppery orange color I originally chose, but... it's hard to match... and it doesn't exactly pop against black and white the way red does...

I don't want to be cliche and have red roses... but maybe I sort of do??? We're already merging two styles (my dress is classic and my girls are wearing black cocktail dresses, but the groom and his men are wearing Jack Purcells with their suits). Maybe a classic color is a better way to blend the two than a trendy, less vibrant color? I can't just use orange either, because even though i like orange, we're getting married way too close to Halloween to deal with that. I'm not putting black plastic spider rings on my reception tables.

Raaawr.

On a completely different note, this morning, I was heading out to Starbucks for a drink and a pastry when I spied a box of Krispy Kreme donuts on our kitchen counter. I deliberated.

"Paying for the Starbucks pastry would cost more, but it'd be healthier because the one I want has berries in it. Never mind the copious amounts of fat and sugar..."

My wallet snarled at me.

So I'm sitting at the table in Starbucks now with an iced tall green tea at my side and two donuts in my tummy. My inner future-family-meal-planner alter ego is shaking her head. My inner fat kid is very happy. I'll eat some fruit with my lunch.

4 comments:

emily said...

go with your signature color. you'll be much happier, i promise. :) i think pink is cliche, yet im still doing that for my wedding, because it also pops with black and white.

and yay for inner fat kids. :)

dc said...

Red. :) But you already knew that.

(And I think that seeing one of your favorite colors for years in wedding photos will make you happy.)

Katie said...

Definitely red. It is so you, after all. :) And I had hot pink and white roses for my wedding - cliche? Perhaps. But they look gorgeous in the pics, and I don't regret the choice at all.

So excited and happy for you!!

Jillian said...

I'm glad you blog as well Juliette...
it makes me very happy.

(But I must say, dunkin' donuts all the way)