Outside of the medical fields, does anyone really know what they want to be when they grow up?
And did anyone actually go to college for it?
Writer. Model. Actress. Casting Director. Photographer. Author. Singer. Dancer. Wife. Mom. Playwright. Marine Biologist. Dolphin Trainer. Barista. Waitress. Camp Counselor. Superhero. Graphic Designer. Crayon Namer. Nail Polish Namer. Paint Swatch Namer. Babysitter. PR Queen. Band Manager. Talent Scout. Ad Designer. Magazine Editor. Bounty Hunter. Pirate. Restaurant Manager. Singing Voice of an Animated Character. Journalist. Pilot. Jedi Knight. Rockstar. Teacher. Poet. TV News Anchor. Translator. Social Worker. Song Writer. Event Planner. Artist. Graphic Novelist. Fashion Designer. Chef. Makeup Artist.
I have aspired to all these things. Some of them still stand.
But where to go now?
In so many ways, I feel like I'm back to square one.
5 comments:
I hear ya, sister.
Hey Julie, I love your blog. You're so honest and express your feelings in writing so well.
I still don't know what I want to be. I think it's a conspiracy against those of us who want to do so much and be so much. I don't want to be just one thing either.
However, let me know if you find a college where you can major in Jedi Knight. I'll join ya!
YES!!!!
i totally know what you mean! and i know you totally put that dolphin trainer on there as a shout-out to me. :) jk. i feel your quarter-life crisis pain.
Andrew was a pirate for a day. He and his friend Ben drew skulls and crossbones on their back with fire ash and then chased down canoes and ran them aground to steal their rum. They had a nefarious day on the river. (Don't worry, Katrina and I drank our rum very quickly so the pirates never had a chance!)
hey, some of us in the medical field resonate with this sentiment too =)
Post a Comment