Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Re: No one is into all kinds of music

A friend of mine made me want to lay out a couple of things for you.
Go ahead and judge me. I dare you. 

--

I drink decaf coffee because coffee caffeine makes me jittery.
(Chocolate caffeine and soda caffeine do not.)
Lately, I like caramel cappuchinos with caramel drizzled on top.
And I like them better in the "for here" mugs.

I won't touch Red Bull or Monster or Rockstar or any of that crap.
But i love Vitamin Water and water in pretty bottles and Arizona Green Tea (esp. with Mandarin)

I really don't listen to country music.
But my favorite driving song ever is "Feels Like Today" by Rascal Flatts.
And it's very hard for me to hear Blake Shelton's "Austin" without tearing up a little-- just because I think it's fantastic.

I love checking the mail.
Apart from CD's from DaniLin, catalogs and magazines are the best.

I can watch basketball. Soccer. Hockey. And football.
And enjoy it.
Not baseball.

I don't watch scary/horror movies.
At all.
Ever.
And I won't. No, not even with you.

I love eating breakfast.
Bacon. Toast. Pancakes. Waffles. French toast. Bagels. Pastries. Muffins. Hash browns. Cereal. Fruit. Oatmeal.
Eggs. Scrambled.
With cheese.
And sometimes salsa or ketchup.
But I don't like sausage.

I can do without condiments.
Sometimes I want them, but sometimes I just want to taste the meat and bread.

Musically,
I hope Whitney Houston makes a comeback.
I hope Britney Spears does not.
(Britney does need to make a comeback in life though.)

Fish are fine when they mind their business.
Or when they are on my plate, cooked*, WITHOUT a head or eyes.
But I do NOT want to touch them.

I like my tuna medium rare and my steak medium/medium-well.
I could eat red meat in some form every day. I think it's amazing.

If I had to learn any instrument, 
It'd be piano,
Then drums,
Then guitar.

I think tapdancing is badass.
If I knew how to tap dance, I'm pretty sure I could perform the "Moses Supposes" number from Singin In The Rain...
I've seen it that many times.

When it comes to most varieties of Stout Beer and Sauvignon Blanc;
I'm gonna have to go with No.

Sweet > Salty > Spicy

I always listen to the lyrics.
ALWAYS.
If I can't understand them or if they don't mean anything or if they mean something stupid and meaningless--
I probably won't like the song.
I think that's why I like musicals.
Clear and clever storytelling via lyrics.

You think I'd listen to more country music...

...that's all for now. :)

*thus far, tuna is the only sashimi on the GO list.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

I like you.

dc said...

I'll convert you to country one of these days... and I'm totally with you on the sashimi, the loving of breakfast and the pretty bottled water. Other things too, but mostly I agree with Val.

I like you. :)

hootenannie said...

Oh my goodness.

I HAVE NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING
IF I DON'T HAVE YOU...

Whitney seriously needs to make a comeback - in music AND in life. She's basically the best singer on the planet... what happened??!?

Bobby Brown. That's what.

I love you and your declaration of self! Rock on, girl.

Prosso said...

I'm joining Dani in an attempt to change your mind about (some) country music. Get ready for some Hank WIlliams.

rot9 said...

You know how you get excited when you get new comments on something you've written?

Best. Comment. Ever.

MistaB said...

You should check out "singing in the rain remix" on YouTube. It's not tapdance, but it's fun!