Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Creed

I believe in stargazing. I believe in kisses that are so deliciously perfect, you have to open your eyes for a second to be sure they're real. I believe every girl wants flowers, if just on rare occasion, even if she says she doesn't. I believe in flirting with your spouse. I believe in polite, professional service, and good tips. I believe in paying off your debts and keeping your promises. I believe in being a well-balanced omnivore-- and I'm fairly certain no one will ever convince me otherwise. I believe in nicknames for people you're genuinely fond of. I believe in meeting people online and becoming friends in real life. I believe in returning things as or better than you found them. I believe that being competitive is a virtue. I believe personal hope can be gained by knowledge of the triumphs of a complete stranger. I believe that your internal filter dissolves after midnight and subsequently leaves you freer—but more vulnerable. I believe we walk through life 99% unaware of 75% of the things we are protected from. I believe in giving generously and supporting the needs of those who are working to care for orphans, widows and sick people. I believe that pretty much any time is a good time for chocolate, but I don't approve of chocolate cereal. I believe in walking with a swagger and meaning it. I believe in imagination and miracles. I believe in Vitamin C and sleep over Vicodin and Irish whiskey. I believe in real Christmas trees. I believe in the proper execution of a well-placed cuss word. I believe in men with facial hair and dogs that look like dogs—not like rats… or poodles. (Sorry poodles. I know you're very smart, but your haircuts suck.) I believe in being barefoot and breathing in wide open spaces. I believe, regardless of your ethnicity, in (occasionally) letting wind or water completely wreck your hair. I believe you can fall for someone in 30 minutes… and that it can take more than 30 months to truly let them go. I believe that the continuous act of living life is a production, and that every now and then, it's really okay to play up that drama. I believe in saying every goodbye like it's your last. I believe in eating breakfast and wearing sunscreen. And I believe in soapboxes and passionate rants about important things… and sometimes, passionate rants about not so important things.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Gorgeous, Lady Juliette. I believe in lots of these things...and in you.

hootenannie said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!! "I believe in the proper execution of a well-placed cuss word" - that is perfect. :)

Stephanie said...

sweet girl, i love this blog and especially this post! i actually started tearing up at the end. I love to hear what you are passionate about and I love that you are passionate enough to share your heart with the world.

also, you're amazing and such a wonderful encourager! thank you for your sweet post on my blog. It made me smile :)