Transcribed (because I couldn't help myself) halfway in the dark at a creaky table on the front wall of spectator seats at the site of Jordan Miller's first gig, The Listening Room.
ACT ONE
There's this old man. He might be like 50. Maybe.
His feet are sort of small.
And he's singing a song about drinking too many tequilas to forget about his lost love.
It's terrible.
It's sad.
And it's really sort of hilarious.
Is he wearing Crocs? To his show?
No... they're more like Birkenstock Mules.
If he wrote this song last week, I'm just gonna be really sad.
I can't see his left hand-- but he can't be married.
He's wearing old school, skinny fit man jeans.
He has a pointy mustache, and hair that's cut short to conceal a receding hairline.
His eyes are tired. Worn.
And now he's singing about fishing... oh man.
And there's his hand. No wedding ring.
Man. Poor guy.
I wonder what happened to him.
He doesn't look like he's spent his life being someone's sidekick-- he can stand on his own.
He could have even been big stuff back in the day.
But now he's so sad... and this song is pathetic.
I hope it's not a cover... if it was... ooo.
This guy should be a studio musician for like-- Nickel Creek. Or maybe for a country artist.
But he shouldn't be here... in his socks and Stocks at 9:30 on a Tuesday night... he should be at home with his wife... looking at pictures of his grandkids... poor guy.
At least he's not really out drinkin one too many tequilas... I guess.
ACT TWO
These kids are a little better.
She's wearing cute jeans. And an engagement ring. I think.
Maybe her guitarist is her fiance?
Yeah, they're cute.
He looks like... every other boy in a baseball cap with a guitar. Quiet.
She's dark-haired, thin, looks like she was on drill team in high school.
This song, Lucky One, would sound better as a country song.
If she had a little bit raspier/breathier voice.
Hah! I was right! She just said they're newlyweds.
Sonny & Cher. Her words... not mine.
She's also got this Gaitlinburg accent goin' on in her talking voice.
She should lay it on a little thicker for her act!
This song would work better with some twang in it.
Her songs are actually pretty catchy, pretty well-written...
But her voice... mmm... it's just alright.
This song-- Hidden Heroes-- works though.
Anything patriotic has a place.
Patriotic music is a genre in itself.
This song is sweet though.
Yeah, these kids could do alright--
As country song writers.
ACT THREE
Ms. Jordan Miller.
Her voice is SO pure and it's got great color to it.
Like old school Rachael Lampa.
She just makes it look easy.
Easy.
I love people like that.
Her songs all start from cute little anecdotes.
She deserves a better crowd than this.
A youth group. Girls. They'd love her. :)
Her face is so sweet when she's singing. Like she's totally in her element.
I could tell she was nervous when she started, but she's loosened up now.
She don't need that mic though. ;)
And the bass on that keyboard is up way too loud.
But I'll cut the sound dude a break. It's late-- and things can't be perfect at your first show.
There's such a market for her.
She's way more of a natural superstar than the other girl.
This is a good song.
I'd never heard it. But now I have.
And I bet that before long, the world will too.
No comments:
Post a Comment