I know you prolly know this... but I have to re-iterate--
God really uses crazy people to do His work.
I mean, people with mad issues.
"You see the depths of my heart, and you love me the same..."
Crazy. Crazy how He forgives us every time we fall and continues to use us for His glory.
The other morning, I got a little disheartened thinking about some poor decisions I'd made recently and I ran across Samson's story in Judges. Dude, Samson was a crazy freak! His story is larger than life and filled with more relationship issues than US Weekly Magazine. Samson tore open a whole lion, while it was still living, with his hands. Just his hands. And then he killed one thousand people with a donkey's jawbone.
ONE THOUSAND, y'all.
That's everyone I graduated with, plus 100 or so more people.
Granted, he was appointed by God to annihilate those people, but that's still a lot of baggage to deal with. Not to mention the fact that he had a terrible weakness for women to match his terrible judgement of female character. (You wanna talk about the B word some more? Read about Samson's women!)
The thing is, Samson's sins were apparent, but not necessarily the highlights of his story. While there was a severe price to pay for his sins, God used every bit of his wretched life to ultimately bring glory to himself. The same way he uses thousands of wretched people every day to do His work. And he doesn't just use us-- he loves us. Loves me.
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
-Romans 8:37-39
"You are amazing, God..."
No comments:
Post a Comment