I just made this. The second half is sitting on my coffee table. Even you're vegetarian, read on-- you could always change your mind for a sec if you came across some humanely raised pork product.
Start with two pieces of bread. Or a roll. Whatever.
Now you need bacon. Cook it to your desired level of crispiness. (I use the oven so it cooks while I'm doing other stuff. Stick it in a pan/on cookie sheet on 350. 10-12 minutes should do the trick.)
In the meantime, find you some cheese (I used sliced colby jack) a granny smith apple and some dijon mustard.
Bread: Mustard on one side, butter on the other. (Like a grilled cheese. unless you don't want it toasted, then, nix the butter.)
Apple: Peeled, cored, thinly sliced. (I only used half an apple for 2 sandwiches.)
Find a skillet. Turn the heat up to low-medium. Depending on how impatient you are. If you have a toaster, oven that'll work too. I pre-toasted in the skillet, then moved it to the toaster oven so it would get more melty without burning.
Bacon: cook, blot, rip in half.
Assemble as follows: Hot skillet --> bread, butter side down --> layered bacon strips --> layered apple slices --> layered cheese --> bread, butter side up.
Toast to desired brownness. Flip. Repeat toasting. Stick it in the toaster oven if your cheese isn't melty enough or if your bread is super thick.
Let cool ever so slightly.
Eat your new favorite sandwich and have your face melted off.
2 comments:
Sounds amazing! I love any sandwich with apples on it! And bacon? Well, that's just meat candy. Yum!
Hi Juliette! I wandered over from Annie Parson's blog and saw your "copyright" notice. Thinking I'd like to post something like that on my blog as well-- did you have to do anything official to declare your legal ownership of all your writing, or is it more an unofficial declaration?
Would be interested to hear-- thanks. :)
Post a Comment