What kind of person calls herself a writer and doesn't update her blog for 4 months?
Me, that's who.
This fall & winter, I've sacrificed some writing time to hang out with real people. And as tough a tradeoff as that occasionally is, it's always worth it. Real life has to trump e-life, you know? And I've still been writing, just not here. I even wrote a couple of bloggy blurbs that I never posted. Maybe I'll still post them.
Anyway, this wasn't supposed to be about me apologizing for my impromptu hiatus.
If you haven't noticed (or you're on google reader), I've changed the title/design of this site. Here's why.
When spelling my name out for people, I've gotten into a habit of saying "Juliette-- with two T's and an E. It's less tragic that way." People tend to chuckle, and they don't forget how to spell my name either.
But lately, the more I think about it, the more I want to intentionally live that life. I want to stay married to Todd for a lifetime. I want to have the courage to share the truth of the Gospel with boldness. I want to make time to embrace people and their messiness. I want to have and adopt sweet babies, teach them about Jesus and pray that they grow up into brave, compassionate people. I want to write stories that emphasize redemption and healing. I want to be known for the things I did differently. I want to maintain a higher standard and not apologize for it.
I want to live a life less tragic.
So that's what this year is about. Maybe I'll find time to write about it on this blog.
But if I don't, I'm not gonna beat myself up about it. For once.
2 comments:
ooooo! i want you to have an adopt sweet babies, too!!!!!!
Oh Juliette, I love you and this just made me love you soooooo soooo much. I love hearing your heart for these things. Such a beautiful soul you are my friend :-)
Post a Comment