Sunday, August 15, 2010

Uno. Dos. Tres.

-I wonder if I'll ever NOT be tense driving through Illinois backroads. Some of them are so small and bumpy and Todd flies over them like he poured the asphalt himself. Zero respect. I get nervous. Also, there's nothing more unsettling than a concrete construction barrier that forces you into just two lanes on an unfamiliar highway. So scary.

-I think self-inflicted drama should have an age limit. I know that The Real Housewives and The Bad Girls Club and Sex In The City beg to differ, but there's just really no excuse for such poor behavior in grown people. It makes me sick and sad every time I witness it.

-In other news, I got to shoot my father in law's rifle pellet gun today. In the basement. I've never shot anything larger than a handgun, unless you count the water cannon I wielded annually at summer camp. He set up a cardboard box target for me and I aimed from roughly 30 feet away-- I only shot two times... and I hit the bullseye both times! So fun! Next time, maybe I'll attempt a real rifle... outside of course. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Every single day that I wake up and have to drive on highway 70 to get to work I cringe. I miss more than anything my Illinois back roads. And Todd drives on them that way because that's the only way to appreciate them the way they deserve. It's a country thing.

Valerie said...

I hate it when I watch shows and find myself rolling my eyes mostly at the ADULTS! NO ONE ACTS LIKE THAT!!! I mean seriously. What is wrong with people???

Sigh.