Thursday, August 19, 2010

Confessing.

I've been such a lurker as of late. I've been reading lots of great blogs and not writing any. I've been thinking about my mermaid-esque treasure trove of incomplete ideas. I've been reading a lot of really entertaining nonsense-- and remembering some of my own entertaining, nonsensical ideas that I've long since abandoned. (Not without intent to return.) I've been thinking about old things-- the good things about old things and the better things about new things. I've been having new ideas and new desires (at the most inconvenient times) to revisit old ideas. I've been feeling outdated and underqualified for everything involving my professional life.

I've also had the hardest time spelling the word inconvenient today. I've used spell check on it 3 times in the past 12 hours.

I feel bad about the days when I don't want to deal with people. Even fun people. I know everyone has days like that, but I don't really have time to have days like that.

I feel responsible for several people who I don't really know very well yet-- and I think the majority of that feeling is one of responsibility to spend time with those new people and get to know them better. But sometimes, I feel like there are still so many "old people" left in my heart, who I still love and care about and want to know about. Facebook happily, continuously and cryptically updates me concerning their lives and their business-- but its not the same. I've always been terrible at letting go.

Maybe that's the reason I haven't met any really cool new ideas lately. Maybe my community life and my writing life just need a jumpstart.

i AM working on a new project. With a partner. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why. :) But I'm happy about it and I hope it goes well.

If something else happens, I'll try to keep you posted.

1 comment:

dc said...

You don't have to let go of the old to let in the new, my love. I was just lamenting to Vbaby how much I miss my roommates. And that's OK. It hurts. But it's OK. :)
I totally can feel this blog. I've felt the same way so many times... but I want to know that all your old peeps are only a phone call away. Or a Facebook stalk. You know. ;)