Monday, April 27, 2009

"I Can't Fight This Feelin Anymore..."

Can I just say this?

I don't think I'm going to be able to write anything else until I come clean...

I'm jealous. Straight up chartreuse with envy.


Annie & Joey.

I have a raging crush on your commentary.  It's raw and delicious as high-grade sushi. Unabashedly personal, comforting, familiar but fresh. You are the Chuck Taylors on the shoe rack of the blogging world (Annie, you are red high-tops. Joe, you are black low-tops that you don't have to untie to put on.) For me, your everyday vignettes read like an incredible b-sides album of a favorite artist. Or like really good steak that doesn't need any sauce at all. Sure, you could argue that it's just meat. Maybe not even a lot of it. But the pieces you get are enough to make you get up and bear hug the chef. I can't even describe how proud I am to have you both as friends, even though as a writer, you both you frustrate the hell out of me. :) And I admire both of you so much for your gifts. So much so that I can't even express myself without a bunch of ridiculous similes and metaphors. *sigh*

So... there you have it.

Also, Sara Bareilles just came on this acoustic radio station and I'm jealous of her too. Because she plays piano. Just awesomely enough to be powerful, while still maintaining the approachable girl next door vibe.

I am SO frustrated right now. 
But it's a good thing. Just irritated enough to go write something? Maybe?

Or sulk. Just for a few more minutes.


2 comments:

hootenannie said...

Do you have any idea how humbling this is for me? ANY IDEA? I mean, you are Lady J, the fiercely creative, stunningly beautiful, magnetic soul. In fact, at the beginning of the interview I did with Joey, I confessed to him, "This interview will not come close to being as cool as the one with Juliette."

You may be describing our writing, but in doing so, YOU ARE WRITING SO FREAKING ADORABLY. You want to bear hug the chef. I want to bear hug you.

Let's all go live on an island together.

Prosso said...

The other day Sam said you and me are the same person. That means you are all the nice things you said about me. Sam said it, so it's fact.