I did read the first book a few months ago, to see what all the hype was about. But I was not enthralled with it enough to continue the series. (Even though I would kind of like to know the backstory of the Cullen fam, I can't sit through 500 more pages of schmaltz about Edward and 100 more pages of Bella falling down and/or otherwise hurting herself.) I also saw the movie. Two weeks ago. Felt the same way about it as I did the book.
I am also not in love with Zac Efron.
I do love musicals, and I do own Hairspray and I will go see Footloose... but I don't own any of the HSM movies or soundtracks and I honestly don't even know what else the kid is working on right now. Yes, I think he's adorable. I also think he needs facial hair. And when it comes to me and him, there is nary even a wisp of fangirly-ness within my soul.
But apparently my subconscious begs to differ.

I've dreamed about Zac Efron twice in the past two months. I have no idea why. I haven't seen in him ANYthing since I watched Hairspray back in... January?! Before Dani got married!
The first dream was several weeks ago. Zac and I were-- star-crossed would-be lovers? I must've been working on the set of whatever movie he was shooting and we kept trying to sneak offset together but people kept interrupting us and we got really stressed out about it. We might've composed an angsty duet about it if I was a little more of a songwriter in my sleep.
But last night? My dream was straight up Twilight. Followed the story pretty closely. Except there was no Robert Pattinson-- there was Zac Efron. And there was less direct emphasis on his vampire-ness... I just knew he was... different. And there was wicked tension between me and his family. Enough that when my alarm went off, I woke up a little stressed out.
What is the matter with me??
*There has to be another name for this. Like Browncoats. Or Muggles. Or Trekkies. What is it? Enlighten me please.
3 comments:
So I'm a little embarrassed to admit this. But I had a VERY similar dream about Zac Efron several months ago. And right after I watched Hairspray too!
We were in some sort of play together and kept trying to find alone time together. Sadly, our attempts were thwarted.
:)
Oh Steph, you always understand me. :)
Put yourself in the role of an aspiring young (male) doctor and that one of your (female) patients has 5 (girl) friends in the room with her, and one of them tells you that you look like a certain teen idol.
Then imagine that you walked into the room to tell the patient you will be delivering her baby.
Awk. Ward.
Post a Comment