Saturday, February 28, 2009

Genteman... so that's what you fellas look like.

How amazing is it when you meet someone who brings all the best things out of you? 

Someone who sees what's in you, sometimes before you do, and calls you to be more.

Someone who inspires you, quietly, consistently encourages you, to use your unique gifts and become the best version of yourself.

Someone who challenges you.

Someone who believes in your abilities and capabilities simply because they know your heart.

Someone you can live next to in your own skin and be comfortable with. 

Someone who doesn't leave you constantly deciding which mask to wear to be accepted. 

Someone with tremendous hope to share; a seemingly impossible pragmatic idealist.

Someone respectful, compassionate, responsible, perceptive, passionate... and absolutely hilarious.

Someone to run beside you, who you can pace with, but also look up to.

Someone you can trust. Completely. With things that are important. Not because they're perfect and infallible, but because they have both of your best interests at heart.

Someone who wants to protect you and encourage you and engage you about everyday life. 

Someone strong. Someone brave. Someone who makes your face hurt from smiling so much.

Someone you would never want to not know.


It seems I've always been able to believe... for everyone but myself.

Now?

:)  :)  :)

That's putting it mildly.

"For I KNOW the plans I have for you.
Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you.
Plans to bring you hope, and a future [beyond your wildest imaginings]."

I'm walking through every day with unspeakable gratitude and tremendous joy.

:)


3 comments:

hootenannie said...

Swoon. Every part of it. I'm so, so happy.

"It seems I've always been able to believe... for everyone but myself." I'm still in that stage, but your story is making me hopeful.

xoxo

Brandi said...

Aw, Julie!

I will tell you - it feels amazing. And it feels even more amazing nine years later when you feel the same way, only times a thousand.

dc said...

Tears! Again! Ah!

Not gonna say I told you so. :) But I did.

Love you so much roommate. SO SO happy for you.