Saturday, January 3, 2009

Goals For 2009

  • At least two blog posts EVERY week. Long, short, logical, nonsensical-- it matters not. Hold me to this. Please. Badger me. I need it sometimes.
  • Purchase Rosetta Stone: Spanish ("It's my birthday present to me! I'm SO happy!") and be able to hold my own in conversation with my friend Jose by the end of the year. Or maybe just have a conversation with Tim Sayles entirely in Spanish.
  • New job = New challenge. Something to put my degree to use. Something more permanent. Preferably with a company called Pure Safety. Mr. Gaudreau, if you're reading this... call me? :)
  • Finish reading 20 books. I attempted this last year. I only made it through 16. More on that in my next post.
  • Continue my adventures in cooking. Now that I own a Magic Bullet, this could get interesting. :) I'm planning my first attempt at fresh pesto this Sunday.
  • Eat a pomegranate. I've never done this. I'm intrigued.
  • Participate in NaNoWriMo. I might have to work up to this.
  • Submit stories to at least 2 other competitions held by Narrative Magazine.
  • Keep a plant alive. Hopefully two. My adopted grandmother sent me home from Texas after Christmas with a baby orange tree. And I, feeling overzealous because of her belief in my ability to not kill this plant, also bought some fresh basil. I may be in over my head. We'll see.
  • Play Rock Band 2. Drums, specifically.
  • Multiple dates/hangouts (read: at least two) with Annie Parsons and Kara Orendorf. :)
  • Visit (my cousin in) Boston in September and/or Brazil (with missionary friends) in November.
  • Continue to shorten the degrees of separation between myself and Baz Lurhmann. In a perfect world, have ALL degrees erased and be nearing BFF status before production on Great Gatsby begins. I can dream with the best of 'em. That's why I think we'd get along so well. :)

1 comment:

hootenannie said...

Our dates are SO on. I'm putting it on my goal list for 2009, also. Between the two of us, it HAS to happen. Right? Right. I canNOT wait!