Sunday, August 31, 2008

Casa Nuevo!!!

I am in my new apartment.

I'm writing this tucked away in the corner of the master bedroom. MY bedroom. I've not had the big room in two years, it's a nice change. Everything's organized, I know exactly what I have, it's a good feeling.

Our kitchen appliances are new. Black. Shiny. Pristine. They smell like plastic. They are lovely and fantastic and convienient and I am highly protective of them. And the whole kitchen was broken in properly by a talented saute chef, who made brunch for me and Jo the morning after the move. :)

There's a car washing station down the block. 
Our pool/hot tub are open year round. 
Our street is called Ambiance Way.
And we're literally 4 minutes from the highway, as opposed to the 20 we were at the other place. Steak N Shake, Publix, Starbucks, Backyard Burger-- all at our fingertips. Cool Springs? Just down the interstate. It's all really quite lovely.

Except our upstairs neighbor is... how do I say this politely...

Like a triceratops. 

A very restless, potato chip filled one, covered in concrete and tied to a trailer filled with rabid cattle who paces his apartment DAILY until the wee small horas de la dia. If I had a potato gun, I'd probably shoot him with it. He is at the top of a list I never wanted to make: People I Have Never Met Who I Cannot Stand.

Other than that? It's fantastic.

I'm gonna go make some spaghetti. :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yaaay for lovely new places! :) You should post pictures soon!

hootenannie said...

A triceratops...

I laughed. Hard. :)