Monday, February 4, 2013

Picker's Bundt Cake

When you host community dinners for 15+ people every week, you occasionally wind up with multiple open containers of something you really don't use that often. In this case, it was sour cream.

We had a couple coming for dinner on Friday night. I'd already decided on the main dish, (The one I mentioned in my earlier post. I told you, tried and true!) but I wanted to make dessert too, since we love having a cakey thing in the house to eat with coffee.

I jumped on Pinterest and searched "sour cream cake". Among the first 50 hits was a recipe for Sour Cream Blood Orange Bundt Cake with Cocoa Filling.

Um, okay. Good thing I still have 3 blood oranges from last week's haul in addition to my three open containers of sour cream.

Oh and did I mention that just days before this dinner, I was blessed with a wonderful new, old friend for my kitchen? (You can read the sweet post about her here.)



I was eager for us to embark on our first journey together, and this seemed to be the perfect destination. It was slightly labor intensive, but the end result was...


Yum!!! Todd was so proud. He was like "You took things that were going to get thrown out and made something amazing! You're like-- a picker baker!" A high compliment indeed. :)


This mixer and I are a match made in heaven. I love you, KB. :) Thanks for the pics!

No comments: