It's been a good day.
Our old, stinky, cantankerous dishwasher is GONE. In its place is a brand new shiny, good-smelling dishwasher that is practically silent. Magnificent.
My belly is full from a delicious dinner of whole wheat rotini pasta (my fave... well, any curly pasta is my face), brocolli, chicken and sauteed mushrooms with mozz cheese.
We took Gotham for a good walk and on the way, we met another neighbor with a Boxer, which was cool. But the best part was learning the names of some neighborhood kids (who are ALWAYS sitting out on the stoop when we walk Gotham in the evenings) Marilyn is the oldest, she's in seventh grade. She has a cousin, Brittany who sits out there with her, and then there are her 3 year old twin siblings... Luke and Leia. I kid you not. That is serious fandom commitment! I felt an instant connection. And the coolest/most unusual part? All the kids are black. Fantastic.
Tomorrow is Todd's LAST day at Starbucks! He's so excited to be back in full time ministry. And... I have an interview tomorrow. For a grown up job, in a marketing department. With books. Amazing books. :) I'm really excited about it, but I'm trying not to be, you know? I'll tell you more about it later...
And LOST. I can't even talk about it right now. I'm still processing. Sigh.
But.
It's been a great day. And I hope tomorrow's even better. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment