I've been speaking Spanish to Gotham. That's usually the only thing I remember to say. (
You wanna go outside, puppy?) But it's Spanish, nonetheless.
***
I parked for free today at work. I LOVE parking for free. I never realized what a luxury that is until I starting freaking working at the Arch. Anyway, at the Arch, your options are:
- Park in one of the 20 free spots at the cathedral (which always get filled up by 7am by the park rangers) and not have to walk but 90 seconds to get inside the building. Or park in a non-designated spot and potentially be towed.
- Park in the Arch garage for $4 before 9am and $6 after 9am. Daily. And walk 3-4 minutes to get inside the building.
- Park on the levee on the edge of the Mississippi. For free. And walk 5ish minutes to work... but for free!
I love parking for free. I used to be blessed with cathedral spots all the time. But lately, the river has been flooded, so the levee's been closed. So all the levee regulars took the cathedral spots and left yours truly in the expensive garage. But. The river has FINALLY receded and today, I parked for free, which is great-- except I'm terrified to park on the levee. It's only a slight incline, but my car is tall (Honda Element) and every time I get in or out of it and shut the door, I'm just sure its going to tumble into the Mississippi. There's nothing between my car and that raging, brown current except cobblestones-- and I don't know what I imagine the thing is made of, but I always assume its top-heavy and ponderous enough to succumb to a stiff breeze and topple over.
I know that's false. But I still get nervous.
But not nervous enough to pay for parking.
1 comment:
I love this post. I totally get that top heavy car thing. I was nervous just reading it. "But not nervous enough to pay for parking." Awesome.
I speak Armenian to Spring Chicken just so when I go home in a couple years I'll have someone to speak Armenian to.
Post a Comment