Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Snowball

I'm sitting at Starbucks for the first time in a long time.

I got home from work a half hour early and made my way upstairs while talking to my bestie on the phone. Our conversation lasted an hour and a half and in the midst of it, I took the puppy outside, noticed he was nekkid (no collar), smelled him and realized that Todd had given him a bath before going to work (LOVE that man), changed clothes while defending my socks and pant legs from puppy teeth, made myself rotini with vodka sauce and mozz cheese, threw it in a to-go box, played with Gotham and then took him outside again, kenneled him and apologized, then hung up the phone and with laptop, purse, dinner and a cupcake in tow, made my way through the incredibly dense fog to my husband's 3rd and final birthday celebration. Jeffrey made him a neapolitan cake and it was delicious.

So.

Now I'm sitting here. Finally have a chance to get some things off my chest, off my head, whatever... and I don't even know where to begin. I think i need to write several posts because there's no way anyone would sit a read half of what I could write right now.

I'm going to elaborate. But the gist is this. Work is mundane and emotionally draining. But not in a bad way, if you can believe that. Well, the mundane part is bad right now, but I know as soon as winter passes, the Arch will be slammed and I'll be crazy busy. But I'm learning a lot about my new friends and about myself as I get to know people.

Also, August Gate small groups have started. I'm really proud of Todd for all the work he's put into making our curriculum so engaging and hearty. I'm also learning a lot about myself there too. It's hard stuff to hash out, but so necessary.

Gotham is really a great dog. I love him a lot. But i can't WAIT for him to lose his puppy teeth. I also can't wait for it to get warm so he can get outside and run in the sunshine. He'll love it.

Professionally, I'm sort of a disaster right now. I work at the Arch, but I'm still looking for a job that will let me use my degree. But I'm going crazy because NO ONE will email me back. Plus, I think I have too many interests? I want to do promotional work, I want to go back to school for social work, I want to speak Spanish, I want to be on Glee, I want to be a nurse (who speaks Spanish), I want to write something that people want to read/watch...

But really, all I need to do right now is freaking make some money. There are bills everywhere and they're not getting any smaller and I get really frustrated sometimes.

Also, our lease is up in May. And multiple realtor friends are telling us that we could be paying half of what we pay for rent if we bought a foreclosure house. So we've looked at four. They were all amazing in their own way and very overwhelming to think about owning... but nevertheless we HAVE to think about it if we wanna be good stewards of our money...

But all I can see is bank notes, bank notes and payment books and online billing reminders everywhere, and it makes me nauseous.

Speaking of that, praise the Lord, we only have one baby and he is furry and growly and has four legs.

There is just a LOT going on right now. Not to mention the two outta state weddings of dear, dear friends we're sposed to attend this year...

(sigh)

I just needed to get that out. Thanks for letting me.

5 comments:

hootenannie said...

The snowball is understandable, and grows on its own accord, and life is crazy, and money makes things complicated, and you have BIG DREAMS that WILL come true, even if it takes some time.

In the meantime, I miss you. I hope I'll be seeing you in Austin in March. That would make my heart so glad, I would feel like joining a Broadway musical. But you would beat me in auditions. :) xox

hootenannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prosso said...

We're looking at houses, too, for the same stewardship reasons.

I can't get any callbacks, either. It's not us, it's them.

Mandi Coleman White said...

It's amusing to me how we've always been so similar where jobs are concerned. Isn't it amazing that you can have so many passions, talents, or even interests, and no one wants to allow you to utilize them? SIGH is right...I will continue to file papers

Katie said...

I hear ya there. It does snowball sometimes...the current cause of ours is mostly student loans.

And I'm grateful for my day job...but sometimes it IS mundane. Then again, it pays most of those nagging bills.

Love you, Lady J. It will be all right. Really.